3.2.4. Updating I/O Designer with Intel® Quartus® Prime Pin Assignments
To update the .fx in your selected output directory and the .pin in your project directory after making changes to the design, perform the following tasks:
- In the I/O Designer software, click File > Properties.
- Under FPGA Xchange, specify the .fx file name and location.
- Under Place and Route, specify the .pin file name and location.
After you have set up these file locations, the I/O Designer software monitors these files for changes. If the specified .fx or .pin is modified during design processing, three indicators flash red in the lower right corner of the I/O Designer GUI. You can click the indicators to open the I/O Designer Update Wizard dialog box. The I/O Designer Update Wizard dialog box lists the updated files in the database.
Make logic or pin assignment changes in your design.
- Click Processing > Start > Start I/O Assignment Analysis to validate your latest assignment changes.
- To preserve your changes an update the corresponding the .fx and .pin files, click Processing > Start > Start EDA Netlist Writer or Processing > Start Compilation.
Note: Your I/O Designer database should us a backup copy of the .fx generated by the Intel® Quartus® Prime software. Otherwise, updating the file in the Intel® Quartus® Prime software overwrites any changes made to the file by the I/O Designer software. If there are I/O Designer assignments in the .fx that you want to preserve, create a backup copy of the file before updating it in the Intel® Quartus® Prime software, and verify that your I/O Designer database points to the backup copy.
Did you find the information on this page useful?