Web Server Interface
Run VTune Profiler Server
- Start the VTune Profiler Server:<vtune-install-dir>/bin64/vtune-backendIf you want the VTune Profiler Server to access a specific TCP port, specify it with the--web-portoption. For example:vtune-backend --web-port=8080VTune Profiler Server outputs a URL to access the GUI. For the first run, the URL includes a one-time token. For example:Serving GUI at https://127.0.0.1:64880?one-time-token=0160852eeff593e0ab0a0f90991b4efaOptionally, you can specify a working directory forVTuneServer using theProfiler--data-directoryoption. For example:vtune-backend --web-port=8080 --data-directory="C:\vtune-results"VTuneServer allows you to create a directory with a custom hierarchy, organized to best fit your needs. Once you pointProfilerVTuneServer to this directory using theProfiler--data-directoryoption, users will be able to access all projects and results, regardless of folder names and levels of nesting. This can be especially useful if you're using an HPC scheduler to regularly collectVTuneperformance data and put it into a shared folder on the network for later examination. For example, you can organize your results folder by users and their workloads:Profiler
- By default, access to the VTune Profiler Server is limited to the local host only. To enable access from remote client and target systems, restart the server with the--allow-remote-uioption.
- By default, server host profiling is not enabled. To enable the server host profiling, restart the server with the--enable-server-profilingoption.
- Open the URL with the provided one-time token.If you start the VTune Profiler Server in the personal/evaluation mode with no signed TLS certificate provided, your web browser warns you that the default self-signed server certificate is not trusted and asks for your confirmation to proceed.
- Enter the target machine username.
- Enter the credentials for target machine:
- ForPublic key authentication, add your public SSH key to theauthorized_keysfile on the target system for the user account that you specify in theUsernamefield. Then, select thePrivate keyfile on your client machine. If your private key is encrypted, specify thePrivate key passphrase.
- Alternatively, switch toPassword authenticationand provide the username and password.
- Optionally, specify the deployment directory.
- Click theDeploy Agentbutton.
- Click theDownload Agent Manuallybutton In theWHEREpane of theConfigure Analysiswindow or access thehttp://URL to download the Agent.<VTune Profiler Server URL>/api/collection-agent/downloadYou can use tools such aswgetto download the Agent directly to the target system.
- Extract the Agent archive with your tool of choice and copy its contents to the target system.
- Run thevtune-agentexecutable on the target system and specify the agent owner using the-owneroption.<vtune-user-id>You can find yourVTuneuser ID in theProfilerAboutdialog.
- Compare theAgent key fingerprintin theWHEREpane of theConfigure Analysiswindow with the fingerprint printed out by the agent upon startup. If they match, click theAdmit Agentbutton.
Select a Client System
Select a Remote System
- In theWHEREpane of theConfigure Analysiswindow, click the down arrow to see available target systems.
- SelectAdd new remote target....VTunemaintains a list of used remote systems, if any, and displays it underProfilerRemote Targets.
- Enter the hostname or IP address.
Run the Analysis
- Install the Intel sampling drivers manually by running these commands:On Windows* OS:<vtune-agent-dir>\bin64\amplxe-sepreg.exeOn Linux* OS:<vtune-agent-dir>/sepdk/src/build-driver<vtune-agent-dir>/sepdk/src/insmod-sepThe<vtune-agent-dir>is the<vtune_profiler_<version>>installation folder created on the client system byVTune.Profiler
- Click theStartbutton to run the analysis.
- Open theVTuneServer interface in your browser.Profiler
- In the main toolbar, open the drop-down menu and selectAdministrator Dashboard.The dashboard opens in a new tab and shows all agents that are related to this instance ofVTuneServer. This includes both connected and disconnected agents.Profiler
- View information related to this agent:
- Target system IP address and hostname
- The username of the agent's user.
- Current connection status.
- Admit or stop one or multiple agents. To admit or stop multiple agents, select the agents by ticking the checkboxes and clickAdmit selectedorStop selected.