4.2.4. The XCVR Tab
The XCVR Tab allows you to run transceivers QSFPDDx8, QSFPx4 and MXP loopback tests on your board. You can run the test using either electrical loopback modules or optical fiber modules. Plug QSFPDD loopback module in U12, plug QSFP loopback module in J12, plug MXP loopback cable in J13 before download transceiver design through BTS GUI. The PRBS traffic is 30 Gbps.
The following sections describe the XCVR tab.
- PLL lock: Shows the PLL locked or unlocked state
- Pattern Sync: Shows the pattern synced or not state. The pattern is considered synced when the start of the data sequence is detected.
- Detail: Shows the PLL lock and pattern sync status.
- QSFPDD x8
- QSFP x4
- Serial Loopback: Routes signals between the transmitter and the receiver.
- VOD: Specifies the voltage output differential of the transmitter buffer.
- Pre-emphasis tap:
- Pre-tap 1: Specifies the amount of pre-emphasis on the first pre-tap of the transmitter buffer.
- Pre-tap 2: Specifies the amount of pre-emphasis on the second pre-tap of the transmitter buffer.
- Pre-tap 3: Specifies the amount of pre-emphasis on the third pre-tap of the transmitter buffer.
- Post-tap 1: Specifies the amount of pre-emphasis on the post-tap of the transmitter buffer.
- Equalizer: Specifies the RX tuning mode for receiver equalizer.
- PRBS7: pseudo-random 7-bit sequences
- PRBS15: pseudo-random 15-bit sequences
- PRBS23: pseudo-random 23-bit sequences
- PRBS31: pseudo-random 31-bit sequences (default)
- Detected Errors: Displays the number of data errors detected in the received bit stream.
- Inserted Errors: Displays the number of errors inserted into the transmit data stream.
- Insert: Insert a one-word error into the transmit data stream each time you click the button. Insert Error is only enabled during transaction performance analysis.
- Clear: Resets the Detected Errors counter and Inserted Errors counter to zeros.
- TX and RX performance bars: Show the percentage of maximum theoretical data rate that the requested transactions are able to achieve.
- Start: This control initiates the loopback tests.
- Data Rate: Displays the XCVR type and data rate of each channel.
Did you find the information on this page useful?