5. Root Partition Reuse Debug—Consumer
The root partition Consumer receives from the Developer the final top-level, placed, and routed root partition, and optionally a .sdc file. Then, the Consumer enables the reserved core partition for debug by instantiating the SLD JTAG Bridge Host, which communicates with the SLD JTAG Bridge Agent instantiated in the root partition. Finally, the Consumer taps pre-synthesis nodes in the Signal Tap GUI to debug the reserved core partition.
Completed Tutorial Files
The Root_Partition_Reuse/Completed/Consumer/ tutorial directory contains the completed files for this tutorial module.
Tutorial Module Steps
This tutorial module includes the following steps:
- Step 1: Adding Files to Customer Project
- Step 2: Generating and Instantiating SLD JTAG Bridge Host in Reserved Core Partition
- Step 3: Synthesizing, Creating Signal Tap File, and Compiling
- Step 4: Programming the Device and Verifying the Hardware
- Step 5: Verifying the Hardware of Reserved Core Partition with Signal Tap
- Step 6: Verifying Hardware of Root Partition with Signal Tap