A newer version of this document is available. Customers should click here to go to the newest version.
F-tile-supported protocols use EMIBs, PMAs, and streams for the relevant hard IP. Because hard IPs in multi-protocol F-tile designs share PMAs and EMIBs, specific pairings of PMAs and EMIBs are required to support different combinations of hard IPs, PTP-enabled ports, and bandwidths. These pairings are called topologies. F-tile supports 15 pre-defined topologies, each with different constraints. Every F-tile design must follow one of these topologies. You cannot dynamically reconfigure from one topology to another. Dynamic reconfiguration is allowed only within a topology.
Select a topology based on the following design considerations:
- Do you need PCIe* ?
- Do you need IEEE 1588 precision time protocol ports?
- Do you need FHT PMA lanes?
If you need to implement multiple hard IPs, verify that there is a topology that meets your requirements.
- If your F-tile design does not utilize all tile resources, there may be more than one topology that meets your requirements.
- If more than one topology meets your requirements, select the topology with the most PMAs and streams available to ensure that the maximum number of hard IPs can be implemented.
- Use the F-Tile Channel Placement Tool to plan your design; it shows available PMA, stream, and EMIB locations for each topology.
|Topology||PCIe* Hard IP||400G Hard IP||200G Hard IP|
|PMA||PTP||Number of PMAs||Number of Streams||Number of PMAs||Number of Streams|
|1||Yes||1x PCIe* x16||No||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||No||N/A||N/A|
|2||Yes||2x PCIe* x8||No||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||No||N/A||N/A|
|3||Yes||1x PCIe* x16||Yes||FHT||Yes||4||4||No||N/A||N/A|
|4||Yes||4x PCIe* x4||No||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||No||N/A||N/A|
|7||Yes||1x PCIe* x4||Yes||FHT||Yes||4||16||No||N/A||N/A|
|8||Yes||1x PCIe* x8||Yes||FHT||Yes||4||10||No||N/A||N/A|
|9||Yes||2x PCIe* x4||Yes||FHT||Yes||4||10||No||N/A||N/A|
|12||Yes||1x PCIe* x8||Yes||FGT||Yes||8||11||No||N/A||N/A|
|13||Yes||2x PCIe* x4||Yes||FGT||Yes||8||11||No||N/A||N/A|
|14||Yes||1x PCIe* x4||Yes||FGT||Yes||8||16||No||N/A||N/A|
For example, in Topology 2: 2x PCIe x8 :
- The PCIe* hard IP implements two ports of PCIe* x8.
- You cannot implement any other protocol interface in this F-tile.
- 400G hard IP and 200G hard IP are unavailable.
Topology 3: 1x PCIe x16 + 400G Hard IP (FHT) with PTP is a superset of Topology 1: 1x PCIe x16 . That means that, if your target implementation works with Topology 1: 1x PCIe x16 , it also works with Topology 3: 1x PCIe x16 + 400G Hard IP (FHT) with PTP .
Topology 5: 400G Hard IP (FHT) + 200G Hard IP (FGT) Example
Topology 14: 1x PCIe x4 + 400G Hard IP (FGT) with PTP Example
Did you find the information on this page useful?