3.4. Guideline: Do Not Drive I/O Pins During Power Sequencing
The Intel® Stratix® 10 I/O buffers are powered by VCC, VCCPT, and VCCIO.
Because the Intel® Stratix® 10 devices do not support hot socketing, do not drive the I/O pins externally during power up and power down. This includes all I/O pins including FPGA and HPS I/Os. Adhere to this guideline to:
- Avoid excess I/O pin current:
- Excess I/O pin current affects the device's lifetime and reliability.
- Excess current on the 3 V I/O pins can damage the Intel® Stratix® 10 device.
- Achieve minimum current draw and avoid I/O glitch during power up or power down.
- Avoid permanent damage on the 3 V I/O buffers in 3 V operation.
Did you find the information on this page useful?