4.5.5. PIPE Direct Speed Change
In the PIPE Direct Data mode, the clock for the RX datapath is sourced from the PHY recovered clock (pipe_direct_pld_rx_clk_out_o). The PHY recovered clock changes frequency when the PHY trains from Gen1 to Gen5. During the PIPE Direct RX rate change, the following sequence needs to be adhered to.
The soft IP controller first changes the rate or width if required. The R-tile Avalon Streaming IP only asserts lnX_pipe_direct_pclkchangeok_o after the Soft IP controller has made the changes. The Soft IP controller asserts lnX_pipe_direct_pclkchangeack_i when the change is complete and stable. After the Soft IP controller asserts lnX_pipe_direct_pclkchangeack_i, the R-tile Avalon Streaming IP responds by asserting lnX_pipe_direct_phystatus_o for one cycle and deasserting lnX_pipe_direct_pclkchangeok_o at the same time as lnX_pipe_direct_phystatus_o. The Soft IP controller deasserts lnX_pipe_direct_pclkchangeack_i when lnX_pipe_direct_pclkchangeok_o is sampled low.
- The Soft IP controller changes the PIPE per-channel rate signal (ln0_pipe_direct_rate_i) to the IP from Gen1 to Gen5.
- The IP deasserts the PIPE RX reset status signal (ln_pipe_direct_reset_status_n_o) for each channel.
- The PIPE per-channel PCLK change OK and ACK signals (ln0_pipe_direct_pclkchangeok_o, ln0_pipe_direct_pclkchangeack_i) are asserted.
- The IP deasserts the PIPE per-channel RX CDR lock-to-reference signal (ln0_pipe_direct_cdrlockstatus_o).
- The IP sends the PIPE per-channel PHY status pulse (ln0_pipe_direct_phystatus_o) to the Soft IP controller. Also, the IP deasserts pclkchangeok (ln0_pipe_direct_pclkchangeok_o) and the Soft IP controller deasserts pclkchangeack (ln0_pipe_direct_pclkchangeack_i).
- The PIPE per-channel TX data (ln0_pipe_direct_txdata_i) transfer from the Soft IP controller to the IP begins (at Gen5 rate).
- The IP asserts the PIPE per-channel RX CDR lock-to-data signal (ln0_pipe_direct_cdrlock2data_o).
- The PIPE per-channel RX output clock (ln0_pipe_direct_pld_rx_clk_out_o) from the IP to the Soft IP controller becomes active.
- The PIPE per-channel RX data (ln0_pipe_direct_pipe_rxdata_o) transfer from the IP to the Soft IP controller begins (at Gen5 rate).
Did you find the information on this page useful?