A newer version of this document is available. Customers should click here to go to the newest version.
- 5.1.4. Interlaken PHY IP Duplex Core or Native PHY IP Duplex Core - Interlaken Mode or PCS Gearbox Mode
- 6.1.1. Standard Clocking Mode in Serial Lite III Streaming Intel® FPGA IP Core ( Intel® Stratix® 10 Devices)
- 6.2.1. Advanced Clocking Mode Structure for Serial Lite III Streaming Intel FPGA IP Core ( Intel® Stratix® 10 Devices)
Intel® Arria® 10, Stratix V and Arria V GZ Reset Scheme
Each core has a separate active high reset signal, core_reset, that asynchronously resets all logic in the core.
Each core also includes the Native PHY or Interlaken PHY IP reset signal, phy_mgmt_clk_reset. This reset signal must be on the same clock domain as the clock used to drive the reconfiguration controllers, phy_mgmt_clk. The Native PHY or Interlaken PHY IP core requires the assertion of this reset signal to synchronize with the reconfiguration controller reset signal.
Intel® Stratix® 10 L-tile/H-tile Transceivers Reset Scheme
For Intel® Stratix® 10 L-tile/H-tile transceivers devices, the IP core uses the phy_mgmt_clk_reset signal to reset all the modules in the IP core and user_clock_reset signal to reset the user clock domain modules e.g. transmit and receive FIFO.
- Writing 1 to CSR address 0x02E2 bit 3 to initiate a TX digital reset and bit 1 to initiate a RX digital reset
- Writing 1 to CSR address 0x02E2 bit 2 to initiate a TX analog reset and bit 0 to initiate a RX analog reset
Intel® Stratix® 10 E-tile Transceivers Reset Scheme
E-Tile transceivers have separate reset procedures for analog reset and digital reset.
You can use the PMA attribute code 0x0001 on the AVMM reconfiguration bus to enable or disable the PMA. Disabling the PMA puts it in reset. Digital reset can be asserted using the digital reset controller in the Native PHY IP.
- Use the same reset signals for both the source and sink user clock domain modules.
- Synchronize the user_clock_reset signals with phy_mgmt_clock_reset signal assertion.
- Use the phy_mgmt_clk_reset signal to reset the configuration and status registers.
- Ensure all clocks are toggling in a correct rate before de-asserting any reset signals.
Did you find the information on this page useful?