2.2.8. Viewing Simulation Waveforms
To view a waveform from a .wlf through Questa* Intel® FPGA Edition, ModelSim, or Questa, perform the following steps:
- Type vsim at the command line. The ModelSim/QuestaSim or Questa* Intel® FPGA Edition dialog box appears.
- Click File > Datasets. The Datasets Browser dialog box appears.
- Click Open and select your .wlf.
- Click Done.
- In the Object browser, select the signals that you want to observe.
- Click Add > Wave, and then click Selected Signals.
You must first convert the .vcd to a .wlf before you can view a waveform in Questa* Intel® FPGA Edition, ModelSim, or Questa.
- To convert the .vcd to a .wlf, type the following at the command-line:
vcd2wlf <example>.vcd <example>.wlf
- After conversion, view the .wlf waveform in ModelSim or Questa.
Did you find the information on this page useful?