1.8. (Optional) Step 8: Device Programming
Follow these steps to configure the FPGA on the Intel® Arria® 10 GX Development Kit:
- To open the Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer, click .
- Connect the board cables:
- JTAG USB cable to board
- Power cable attached to board and power source
- Turn on power to the board.
- In the Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer, click Hardware Setup.
Figure 26. Hardware Setup
- In the Hardware list, select USB-BlasterII, and then click Close. The device chain appears.
Note: If the device chain does not appear, verify the board connections.
- Click Auto-Detect. The device chain populates.
- In the Found Devices list, select the device that matches your design and click OK. For this tutorial, select the 10AX115S2 device that matches the 10AX115S2F45I1SG FPGA on the Intel® Arria® 10 GX Development Kit.
Figure 27. Select Device
- Right-click the 10AX115S2 row in the file list, and then click Change File.
Figure 28. Programmer Window
- Browse to select the top.sof file from the appropriate tutorial/output_files/ directory.
- Enable the Program/Configure option for the 10AX115S2 row.
Figure 29. Program/Configure Option
- Click Start. The progress bar reaches 100% when device configuration is complete. The device is now fully configured and in operation.
Figure 30. Programming SuccessfulNote: If device configuration fails, make sure the device you select for configuration matches the device you specify during .sof file generation.
Did you find the information on this page useful?