You can specify device power characteristics, operating voltage conditions, and operating temperature conditions for power analysis in the Operating Settings and Conditions page of the Settings dialog box.
The Power Analyzer reads the following settings to determine the device operating conditions for power analysis:
Table 2. Device Operating Condition Settings
| Device power characteristics
- Typical—specifies average power consumed by typical silicon at nominal operating conditions.
- Maximum—specifies maximum power consumed by worst-case device.
| Voltage tab
||Specifies the operating voltage conditions for each power rail in the device, and the supply voltages for power rails with selectable supply voltages.
| Temperature tab
||Specifies the thermal operating conditions of the device, including:
- Junction temperature range—specifies minimum and maximum junction temperature range.
- Junction temperature and cooling solution settings—Specifies that the power estimator should find a cooling solution to not exceed the maximum junction temperature you specify. Junction temperatures for power estimation of different parts of the chip are actual temperatures resulting from using the found cooling solution and typically vary across the chip.
- Apply thermal margin—Recommended margin applies the recommended margins to power estimates for thermal analysis. These margins apply only to thermal analysis results. This option is only available for Maximum device power characteristics