5.3.5. The MXP Tab
The MXP tab allows you to perform loopback tests on the MXP port.
The following sections describe the controls on the MXP tab.
- PLL Lock: Shows the PLL locked or unlocked state.
- Pattern Sync: Shows the pattern synced or not synced state. The pattern is considered synced when the start of the data sequence is detected.
- Details: Shows the PLL lock and pattern status:
- MXP x4
- Serial Loopback: Routes signals between the transmitter and the receiver.
- VOD: Specifies the voltage output differential of the transmitter buffer.
- Pre-emphasis tap:
- 1st Pre: Specifies the amount of pre-emphasis on the pre-tap of the transmitter buffer.
- 1st Post: Specifies the amount of pre-emphasis on the first post tap of the transmitter buffer.
- Equalizer: Specifies the CLTE EQ Gain for the receiver.
- AC Gain: Specifies the CLTE AC Gain for the receiver.
- VGA: Specifies the VGA gain for the receiver.
- PRBS 7: Selects pseudo-random 7-bit sequences.
- PRBS 15: Selects pseudo-random 15-bit sequences.
- PRBS 23: Selects pseudo-random 23-bit sequences.
- PRBS 31: Selects pseudo-random 31-bit sequences.
- HF: Selects highest frequency divide-by-2 data pattern 10101010.
- LF: Selects lowest frequency divide-by-33 data pattern.
- Detected Errors: Displays the number of data errors detected in the hardware.
- Inserted Errors: Displays the number of errors inserted into the transmit data stream.
- Insert: Inserts a one-word error into the transmit data stream each time you click the button. Insert is enabled only during transaction performance analysis.
- Clear: Resets the Detected Errors counter and Inserted Errors counter to zero.
- TX and RX performance bars: Show the percentage of maximum theoretical data rate that the requested transactions are able to achieve.
- Start: this control initiates the loopback tests.
- Tx (Mbps) and Rx (Mbps): Show the number of bytes of data analyzed per second.
- Data Rate: Shows the data rate for each link.
Did you find the information on this page useful?