2.2. Reviewing the Summary Report
The Summary Report gives you a quick overview of the results of compiling your design including a summary of each kernel in your design and a summary of the estimated resources that each kernel in your design uses.
- Compile Info
- Kernels Summary
- Clock Frequency Summary
- System Resource Utilization Summary
- Quartus Fitter Resource Utilization Summary
- Compile Estimated Kernel Resource Utilization Summary
- Warnings Summary
- Name of the project
- Target FPGA family, device, and board
- Intel® Quartus® Prime version
- Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ Offline Compiler version
- The date and time at which the reports are generated
- Line number in the source code
- Whether the kernel is an NDRange or a single work-item kernel
- Whether the autorun attribute is used
- The required workgroup size for the kernel
- The number of compute units
Clock Frequency Summary
- Quartus Fitter Clock Frequency
- Compiler Target Frequency (MHz)
- Compiler estimated frequency (MHz)
The Quartus Fitter clock frequency is the maximum clock frequency that can be achieved for the design. When the compiler estimates a lower frequency than the targeted frequency, the frequency value is highlighted in red.
Both the Kernels Summary and Clock Frequency Summary displays the target clock frequency applied at the source on the kernel. When the values of the source is different than the compilation flag you applied, the Clock Frequency Summary Compiler Target Frequency shows “Various” instead of reporting a number.
System Resource Utilization SummaryThis displays a summary of device, static partition, kernel system total usage and total estimate of the resources used including ALMs, RAMs and DSPs. The device utilization and static partition constants are grayed out to indicate that you cannot change them in your design since these numbers map to the device datasheet and BSP, respectively.
Quartus Fitter Resource Utilization Summary
After you compile your design with Intel® Quartus® Prime software, this section is populated with the compilation results. The Quartus Fit Resource Utilization Summary section shows the total resource utilization both for the entire design, and for the device.
Compile Estimated Kernel Resource Utilization Summary
The Estimated Resource Usage section shows a summary of the estimated resources used by each kernel in your design, as well as the estimated resources used for all channels, estimated resources for the global interconnect, constant cache, and board interface.
The Warnings Summary section shows some of the compiler warnings generated during the compilation.