2.6. Reviewing Area Information
The area report serves the following purposes:
- Provides detailed area breakdown of the whole OpenCL system. The breakdown is related to the source code.
- Provides architectural details to give insight into the generated hardware and offers actionable suggestions to resolve potential inefficiencies.
- System area: It is used by all kernels, channels, interconnects, and board logic.
- Kernel area: It is used by a specific kernel, including overheads, for example, dispatch logic.
- Block area: It is used by a specific basic block within a kernel. A basic block area represents a branch-free section of your source code, for example, a loop body.
In the Reports pane's Area Analysis drop-down menu, select Area Analysis of System.
In the system view, the kernel is divided into logic blocks. To view the area usage information for the code lines associated with a block, simply expand the report entry for that block.
Did you find the information on this page useful?