1. Altera 1588 System Solution
This Application Note describes the overview concept of IEEE 1588v2 standard and Precision Time Protocol as well as the procedure and architecture of Altera 1588 system solution reference design using Altera Arria V SoC, 10G Ethernet MAC with 10G BASE-R PHY hardware IP and software stack which is build based on Linux kernel v3.16, consists of PTP stack LinuxPTP v1.5, a preloader, 10G-bps Ethernet MAC driver and a PTP driver.
- 6.99ns timestamp accuracy using Altera 1588 hardware IP and Linux PTP software stack for 10Gbps speed.
- Offset adjustment capability from the system perspective for an ordinary clock (OC) in slave mode.
- Altera 1588 IP usability from the Linux system perspective for an ordinary clock in master mode.
- Perceive the usability of the hardware IP from various perspectives of the system solution.
- Assess the accuracy requirements in relation to the capability of this reference design.
- Replace the existing Linux PTP application with other PTP applications.
Did you find the information on this page useful?