1.2. Intel® Agilex™ Configuration Architecture
The Secure Device Manager (SDM) is a triple-redundant processor-based module that manages configuration and the security features of Intel® Agilex™ devices. The SDM is available on all Intel® Agilex™ FPGAs and SoC devices.
The block diagram below provides an overview of the Intel® Agilex™ configuration architecture which includes the following blocks:
- SDM: More information about the SDM is contained in later sections.
- Configuration network: The SDM uses this dedicated, parallel configuration network to distribute the configuration bitstream to Local Sector Managers (LSMs). You cannot access this network.
- LSMs: The LSM is a microprocessor. Each configuration sector includes an LSM. The LSM parses configuration bitstream and configures the logic elements for its sector. After configuration, the LSM performs the following functions:
- Monitors for single event upsets at the sector level
- Processes responses to single event upsets (SEUs)
- Performs integrity checks in user mode
- Other sub-systems: Refer to the Intel® Agilex™ FPGAs and SoCs Advanced Information Brief for device overview information about the transceiver tile variants.