5.1.3. Remote System Update Configuration Images
Intel® Agilex™ devices using remote system update require the following configuration images:
- A Factory image—This image includes logic to implement the following functions:
- Your design-specific logic to obtain new application images
- Your design-specific logic to request reconfiguration using a specific application image
- Image storage in flash memory
- Application image—contains logic to implement the custom application. The application image must also contain logic to obtain new application images and store the images in the flash memory.
Depending on the storage space of your flash memory, Intel® Agilex™ remote system update supports one factory image and up to 507 application images. The Quartus Programming File Generator only supports up to seven remote system update images. However, you can add more images using the Mailbox Client IP with the device in user mode.