3.3.1. Using the Quartus II Programmer
You can use the Quartus II Programmer to configure the FPGA with a .sof.
- Ensure that the Quartus II Programmer and the USB-Blaster driver are installed on the host computer
- The USB cable is connected to the kit
- Power to the board is on, and no other applications that use the JTAG chain are running.
- Start the Quartus II Programmer.
- Click Add File and select the path to the desired .sof.
- Turn on the Program/Configure option for the added file.
- Click Start to download the selected file to the FPGA. Configuration is complete when the progress bar reaches 100%.
The Quartus II Convert Programming File (CPF) GUI can be used to generate a .sof file that can use for internal configuration. You can directly program the MAX 10 device’s flash which includes Configuration Flash Memory (CFM) and User Flash Memory (UFM) by using a download cable with the Quartus II software programmer.
Did you find the information on this page useful?