6. Avalon® Streaming Credit Interfaces
Avalon® Streaming Credit interfaces are for use with components that drive high-bandwidth, low-latency, unidirectional data. Typical applications include multiplexed streams, packets, and DSP data. The Avalon® Streaming Credit interface signals can describe traditional streaming interfaces supporting a single stream of data, without knowledge of channels or packet boundaries. The interface can also support more complex protocols capable of burst and packet transfers with packets interleaved across multiple channels.
All Avalon® Streaming Credit source and sink interfaces are not necessarily interoperable. However, if two interfaces provide compatible functions for the same application space, adapters are available to allow them to interoperate.
You can also connect an Avalon® Streaming Credit source to an Avalon® Streaming sink via an adapter. Similarly, you can connect an Avalon® Streaming source to an Avalon® Streaming Credit sink via an adapter.
Avalon® Streaming Credit interfaces support datapaths requiring the following features:
- Low-latency, high-throughput point-to-point data transfer
- Multiple channel support with flexible packet interleaving
- Sideband signaling of channel, error, and start and end of packet delineation
- Support for data bursting
- Sideband signals for user-defined functionality
Did you find the information on this page useful?