Installing the Questa*-Intel FPGA Edition Software
- Download the Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition software on your system from the Download Center for FPGAs.You must download bothQuesta - Intel FPGA Edition (includes Starter Edition)andQuesta - Intel FPGA Edition (includes Starter Edition) Part 2packages.
- Obtain and set up the license for the simulation software.For comprehensive information about installing the Intel® Quartus® Prime software, including system requirements, prerequisites, and licensing requirements, refer to Intel FPGA Software Installation and Licensing.
- Run the Questa*-Intel FPGA Edition installer. The installer prompts you to select between the Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition (free) and the Questa*-Intel FPGA Edition software.
- Select the simulation software for which you have obtained a license. The installer prompts you to choose where to install the Questa* simulation software.
- Select the directory to install the Questa* simulation software. Although not a mandate, Intel recommends installing the Questa* software alongside the FPGA add-on for Intel® Custom Platforms using Intel® Quartus® software 21.2 package. Consider the following example:Suppose, on a Linux system, the Intel Quartus Prime software in the FPGA add-on package is installed in the following directory:/opt/intel/oneapi/intelfpgadpcpp/2021.4.0/QuartusPrimePro/21.2/quartusThen, you should select one directory above the Quartus directory to install the Questa software, which is:/opt/intel/oneapi/intelfpgadpcpp/2021.4.0/QuartusPrimePro/21.2/