1.4.3. Running the Hardware
Set up the hardware before you run the design on the Intel® Arria® 10 development kit.
Figure 2. Arria 10 Development Kit Hardware Setup
- Install the Bitec FMC daughter card at the FMC port A on the Intel® Arria® 10 development kit.
- Connect the DisplayPort TX connector on the Bitec FMC daughter card to a video analyzer or DisplayPort sink device such as a monitor.
- Ensure all MSEL switches on the development board are in default position.
- Power up and connect the development board to your PC using a micro USB cable.
- Download the .sof file into the FPGA device using Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer.
- Push the Reset button on the Intel® Arria® 10 development kit.
- The DisplayPort sink device displays the video.
Figure 3. DisplayPort TX-only Design Output Video
Note: The hardware setup below uses ASUS MG28UQ monitor with Bitec FMC daughter card revision 8 connected to Intel® Arria® 10 FPGA development kit. The monitor runs 4Kp60 color bar video generated by the Video and Image Processing Intel® FPGA IPs.
Did you find the information on this page useful?