18.104.22.168. Regenerating ELF File
By default, the ELF file is generated when you generate the dynamic design example.
Note: In some cases, you need to regenerate the ELF file if you modify the software file or modify and regenerate the dp_core.qsys file. Regenerating the dp_core.qsys file updates the .sopcinfo file, which requires you to regenerate the ELF file.
- Go to <project directory>/software and edit the code if necessary.
- Go to <project directory>/script and execute the following build script:
- On Windows, search and open Nios II Command Shell. In the Nios II Command Shell, go to <project directory>/script and execute source build_sw.sh.
- On Linux, launch the Platform Designer, and open Tools > Nios II Command Shell. In the Nios II Command Shell, go to <project directory>/script and execute source build_sw.sh.
- Make sure an .elf file is generated in <project directory>/software/dp_demo.
- Download the generated .elf file into the FPGA without recompiling the .sof file by running the following script:
nios2-download <project directory>/software/dp_demo/*.elf
- Push the reset button on the FPGA board for the new software to take effect.
Did you find the information on this page useful?