1.5.5. Making a Direct Connection to the TX Transceiver Block
The existing dynamic DisplayPort parallel SST loopback with PCR design example uses the Transceiver Arbiter to share between an RX and TX transceiver within the same channel. As the TX-only design only requires the TX transceiver, you need to remove the Transceiver Arbiter and make a direct connection to the TX transceiver.
- Before you make the connection, in the Platform Designer turn on the Share Reconfiguration Interface parameter in the Transceiver Native PHY block to allow for single Avalon-MM slave interface for dynamic reconfiguration of all channels.
- Update the transceiver signal width as shown below in the design top-level and the tx_phy_top.v files.
Table 9. TX Transceiver Signals Signal Direction Width (Bit) gxb_tx_rcfg_write Input 1 gxb_tx_rcfg_read Input 1 gxb_tx_rcfg_address Input 12 gxb_tx_rcfg_writedata Input 32 gxb_tx_rcfg_readdata Input 32 gxb_tx_rcfg_waitrequest Input 1
- Make a direct connection from the Bitec Reconfig block to the TX transceiver block in the tx_phy_top.v file as shown in the diagram below.
Figure 8. Bitec Reconfig and TX Transceiver Block Connection
- Remove the following Transceiver Reconfig Group assignments from the Intel® Quartus® Prime Settings File (qsf).
- - set_instance_assignment -name XCVR_RECONFIG_GROUP 1 -to fmca_dp_c2m_p -entity a10_dp_demo
- - set_instance_assignment -name XCVR_RECONFIG_GROUP 2 -to fmca_dp_c2m_p -entity a10_dp_demo
- - set_instance_assignment -name XCVR_RECONFIG_GROUP 3 -to fmca_dp_c2m_p -entity a10_dp_demo
- - set_instance_assignment -name XCVR_RECONFIG_GROUP 4 -to fmca_dp_c2m_p -entity a10_dp_demo
Did you find the information on this page useful?