3.3. Simulating the Example Design
Follow these steps to simulate the Qsys system using ModelSim:
- In a terminal window, change to the <working_dir>/top/testbench/mentor directory.
- Start the ModelSim simulator by typing vsim.
- To compile the simulation, type the following commands in the terminal window:
- source msim_setup.tcl (The msim_setup.tcl file defines aliases.
- ld_debug (The ld_debug command argument stops optimizations, improving visibility in the ModelSim waveforms. )
The following figure shows the design hierarchy for the Configuration Space Bypass Example Design after compilation.
- To observe the simulation, on the ModelSim View menu, select wave. Then add some key interfaces to the wave window. The following four interfaces under the /top_tb/top_inst/apps/altpcierd_cfbp_top/cfgbp_app_ctrl/genblk1 illustrate the TX and RX interfaces, the current state, and configuration.
- To run the simulation, type the following command: run -all
Did you find the information on this page useful?