4.6. Installing the Linux Kernel Driver
- A PCIe link test that performs 100 writes and reads
- Memory space DWORD3 reads and writes
- Configuration Space DWORD reads and writes
In addition, you can use the driver to change the value of the following parameters:
- The BAR being used
- The selected device by specifying the bus, device and function (BDF) numbers for that device
- Navigate to ./software/kernel/linux under the example design generation directory.
- Change the permissions on the install, load, and unload files:
$ chmod 777 install load unload
- Install the driver:
$ sudo ./install
- Verify the driver installation:
$ lsmod | grep intel_fpga_pcie_drv
intel_fpga_pcie_drv 17792 0
- Verify that Linux recognizes the PCIe design example:
$ lspci -d 1172:000 -v | grep intel_fpga_pcie_drvNote: If you have changed the Vendor ID, substitute the new Vendor ID for Intel's Vendor ID in this command.
Kernel driver in use: intel_fpga_pcie_drv
Did you find the information on this page useful?