1.5. Installing the Intel® FPGA Download Cable II Driver on Windows 7/8/10 Systems
You must have system administration (administrator) privileges to install the download cable drivers.
The download cable drivers are included in the Intel® Quartus® Prime software installation. Before you begin the installation, verify that the download cable driver is located in your directory: \<Quartus Prime system directory>\ drivers\usb-blaster-ii.
- Connect the download cable to your computer’s USB port.
When plugged in for the first time, a message appears stating Device driver software was not successfully installed.
- From the Windows Device Manager, locate Other devices and right-click the top USB-BlasterII.
You need to install drivers for each interface: one for the JTAG interface and one for the System Console interface.
- On the right-click menu, click Update Driver Software. The Update Driver Software - USB BlasterII dialog appears.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software to continue.
- Click Browse… and browse to the location of the driver on your system: \<Quartus Prime system directory>\ drivers\usb-blaster-ii. Click OK.
- Click Next to install the driver.
- Click Install when asked if you want to install.
You should now have a JTAG cable showing in the Device Manager.
- Now, install the driver for the other interface. Go back to step 2 and repeat the process for the other download cable devices.
When you are finished, you will have added USB-Blaster II (JTAG interface) under JTAG cables.
Did you find the information on this page useful?