1. Overview 2. CvP Description 3. CvP Topologies 4. Design Considerations 5. CvP Driver and Registers 6. Understanding the Design Steps for CvP Initialization and Update Mode in Intel® Stratix® 10 7. Intel® Stratix® 10 Configuration via Protocol (CvP) Implementation User Guide Archives 8. Document Revision History
5.3.1. Vendor Specific Capability Header Register 5.3.2. Vendor Specific Header Register 5.3.3. Intel Marker Register 5.3.4. User Configurable Device/Board ID Register 5.3.5. CvP Status Register 5.3.6. CvP Mode Control Register 5.3.7. CvP Data Registers 5.3.8. CvP Programming Control Register 5.3.9. CvP Credit Register
- 6.1.1. Generating the Synthesis HDL files for Avalon® Streaming Intel® Stratix® 10 Hard IP for PCI Express
1.3.1. CvP Limitations and Restrictions
The Intel® Stratix® 10 CvP implementation has the following limitations and restrictions in the current version of the Intel® Quartus® Prime software:
- Any MemWR transaction is treated as CvP data before the device enters user mode. ConfigWR transactions are also supported.
- When you poll the CVP_CREDIT bits from the CvP credit register, you must write the next 4KB of fabric configuration data to the CvP data register within 50 ms of receiving an additional credit. Failure to send the data results in configuration failure.
- The CvP response time is variable and depends on different conditions. The typical delay time is 5 sec and it is safe to wait till 1 min. So the driver should poll status in credit register to decide on driver timeout.
- In CvP initialization and update mode, when FPGA fabric is not programmed, the PCIe* features that uses FPGA fabric are not accessible.
- To generate the update image in the CvP update mode, you must use the same version of the Intel® Quartus® Prime software that you use to generate the base image.
- If you use a .sof file to configure the FPGA with JTAG interface, the version of the Intel® Quartus® Prime that you used to generate the update bitstream must be the same as the version of the Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer to program the FPGA.
- For Intel® Stratix® 10 designs that include the Hard Processor System (HPS), CvP can only be implemented using FPGA First boot mode. HPS First boot mode is not supported in combination with CvP.
CvP Error Recovery
Did you find the information on this page useful?