5.2. Running the Board Test System
Before you begin
With the power to the board off, follow these steps:
- Connect the USB cable to your PC and the board.
- Check whether the development board swicthes and jumpers are set according to your preferences.
- Set the load selector switch (S1) to (OFF OFF) for standard ASx4 mode. The development kit ships with the EPCQ Flash device preprogrammed with a default Simple Socket Server Example.
- Turn on the power to the board. The board loads the design stored in the EPCQ flash memory into the FPGA.
Note: To ensure operating stability, keep the USB cable connected and the board powered on when running the demonstration application. The BTS cannot run correctly unless the USB cable is attached and the board is on.
To run the BTS
- Navigate to the <package dir>\examples\board_test_system directory and run the BoardTestSystem.exe application.
- A GUI appears, displaying the application tab corresponding to the design running in the FPGA. If the design loaded in the FPGA is not supported by the BTS GUI, you will receive a message prompting you to configure your board with a valid BTS design. Refer to the Configure Menu on configuring your board.
Note: If some design is running in the FPGA, the BTS GUI loads the design file (.sof) in the image folder to check the current running design in the FPGA, therefore the design running in the FPGA must be the same with the design file in the image folder.
Did you find the information on this page useful?