220.127.116.11. Starting the Exploration Dashboard
To start the Exploration Dashboard using the Tcl API, follow these steps:
- To start the Timing Analyzer in shell mode with the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition software, type the following command:
- To make the Exploration Dashboard commands available in the Timing Analyzer Tcl shell, type the following command. Include the command at the top of any Exploration Dashboard script that you write, and each time you start the Exploration Dashboard with quartus_sta -s.
- To create a workspace for your Exploration Dashboard work, type the following command to specify a new workspace name:
- To add project objects to the workspace for exploration, type the following command to specify the type of object (project), the ID (seed#), and the path to the .qpf file:
qed::create_object -type <project|group> -qpf_path <qpf path> [id]
The following commands show examples of this syntax:
qed::create_object -type project -qpf_path ./ed_synth.qpf qed1
qed::create_object -type project -qpf_path ./ed_synth.qpf
The Compiler creates the id if unspecified. Repeat this step for each project object that you want to add to the workspace for aggregation and comparison.
- To perform workspace legality checks and modify the state of your workspace to make it legal, type the following command:
The Exploration Dashboard is ready to receive other command to analyze, aggregate, and compare the compilations results from the project objects in the workspace. For the complete Exploration Dashboard Tcl API, search for ::quartus::qed in the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition User Guide: Scripting.
Did you find the information on this page useful?