High-Performance Computing: Intel® Xeon® Processor 3000 Sequence
Intel® Xeon® processor 3000 sequence
Built with technologies designed to deliver 24/7 dependability to help businesses improve productivity and performance that automatically adapts to changing workloads at an entry-level price point.
Server computational fluid dynamics performance
PS/day normalized as 1.0 to Intel® Xeon® processor X3380
Benchmark description for ANSYS* FLUENT
ANSYS* FLUENT is a commercial engineering application used to model computational fluid dynamics. The benchmark consists of 9 standard workloads organized into small, medium and large models. These comparisons use all but the largest of the models which does not fit into the 8GB of memory available on the platforms. The Rating, the default ANSYS* FLUENT metric, was used in calculating the ratio of the platforms by taking a geometric mean of the 8 workload ratings measured.
Configuration details Intel® Xeon® processor 3000 sequence
Intel internal measurement results as of July, 2009.
45nm Intel® Xeon® processor X3380 platform (score 1.00)
Supermicro* X7SBE with one Intel® Xeon® processor X3380 (3.16 GHz, 2x6MB L2 cache, 1333MHz system bus), Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology enabled, Enhanced C1 Enabled, 8GB memory (4x2GB DDR2-800 unbuffered ECC), 146GB SATA 10000RPM HDD, Redhat* Enterprise Linux 5.3 for x86_64. Source: Intel internal testing TR#1056 as of May 2009. Score: 1532 jobs/day.
45nm Intel® Xeon® processor X3470 platform (score 1.45)
Intel® BIK Beta system with one Intel® Xeon® processor X3470 (2.93 GHz, 8MB L3 cache), Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) disabled, Intel® Turbo Boost Technology disabled, Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology enabled, 8GB memory (4x 2GB DDR3-1333 RDIMM ECC), 146 GB SATA 10000RPM HDD, Redhat* Enterprise Linux 5.3 for x86_64. Source: Intel internal testing TR#1056 as of July 2009. Score: 2218 jobs/day.
Additional information: 12345
1. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/resources-benchmark-limitations.html.
2. Relative performance for each benchmark is calculated by taking the actual benchmark result for the first platform tested and assigning it a value of 1.0 as a baseline. Relative performance for the remaining platforms tested was calculated by dividing the actual benchmark result for the baseline platform into each of the specific benchmark results of each of the other platforms and assigning them a relative performance number that correlates with the performance improvements reported.
3. 64-bit Intel® Xeon® processors with Intel® EM64T require a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, OS, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel EM64T. Processor will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel EM64T-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel EM64T-enabled OS, BIOS, device drivers, and applications may not be available. Check with your vendor for more information.
4. Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
5. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.