3.3.1. Installing Prerequisite Software for Building an SD Card Image
- Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Version 22.4
- Ashling* RiscFree* IDE for Intel® FPGAs
- (Ubuntu only) Ubuntu package libncurses5
If you did not install Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Version 22.4 when following the instructions in the Intel® FPGA AI Suite Getting Started Guide, you must install it now.
Building the SD card image also requires tools provided by Ashling* RiscFree* IDE for Intel® FPGAs. You can install Ashling* RiscFree* IDE from a separate installation package or part of your Intel® Quartus® Prime bundled installation package.
You can download the required software from the following URL: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/764010/intel--prime-pro-edition-design-software-version-22-4-for-linux.html.
- Install Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition and Ashling* RiscFree* IDE for Intel® FPGAs
- (Ubuntu only) Install Ubuntu package libcurses with the following command:
sudo apt install libncurses5
- Ensure that the QUARTUS_ROOTDIR environment variable is set properly:
echo $QUARTUS_ROOTDIRIf the QUARTUS_ROODIR is not set, run the following command:
If you chose install Intel® Quartus® Prime in a location other than the default location, adjust the path in export command to match your Intel® Quartus® Prime installation location
- Ensure your $PATH environment variable includes paths to the installed Intel® Quartus® Prime and Ashling* RiscFree* IDE binaries. Adjust the following commands appropriately if you did not install into the default location:
export PATH=$PATH:/opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/22.4/niosv/bin export PATH=$PATH:/opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/22.4/nios2eds/bin export PATH=$PATH:/opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/22.4/riscfree/toolchain/riscv32-unknown-elf/bin
- Confirm that Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Version 22.4 is installed by running the following command: