6.4.6. Running Simulation in the QuestaSim Simulator Using Command Line
|dev_com||Compile device library files.|
|com||Compiles the design files in correct order.|
|elab||Elaborates the top-level design.|
|elab_debug||Elaborates the top-level design with the novopt option.|
|ld||Compiles all the design files and elaborates the top-level design.|
|ld_debug||Compiles all the design files and elaborates the top-level design with the vopt option.|
- In the transcript window, change your working directory to mentor by using the following command.
cd <Project directory>/sys_tb/sys_tb/sim/mentor
- Copy the memory initialization file generated into the current path (Mentor folder)
file copy -force <Project directory>/ram.hex ./
- Run the msim_setup.tcl by using the following command.
- Compiles all the design files and elaborates the top-level design with vopt option by using the following command
- Type run 2ms to start the simulation for 2 milliseconds.
At the end of the simulation, “Hello world, this is the Nios V/m cpu checking in …” message prints in the Transcript window. You can observe the simulation results from the waveform viewer as well. The following figure shows the simulation result.