5.4.3. Acquiring the Example Design Files
Generating the µC/TCP-IP Example Designs
To generate the µC/TCP-IP Example Designs , perform the following steps:
- Go to Intel® FPGA Design Store.
- Search for Arria10 - Simple Socket Server or Arria10 - IPerf package.
- Click on the link at the title.
- Accept the Software License Agreement.
- Download the package according to the Intel® Quartus® Prime software version of your host machine.
- Refer to the readme.txt for how-to guide.
|hw/||Contains files necessary to run the hardware project.|
|ready_to_test/||Contains pre-built hardware and software binaries to run the design on the target hardware. For this package, the target hardware is Intel® Arria® 10 SoC development kit.|
|scripts/||Consists of scripts to build the design.|
|sw/||Contains software application files.|
|readme.txt||Contains description and steps to apply the pre-bulit binaries or rebuild the binaries from scratch.|
Running the µC/TCP-IP Example Designs
The µC/TCP-IP Example Designs are provided with scripts to facilitate the build flow. The scripts are stored in the scripts folder. You may refer to the readme file (README.md) to develop the example designs using the provided scripts, or develop the design manually using the Nios® V processor tools.
The steps are as followed:
- Launch the Nios V Command Shell.
- Run create_design.py to build the example design.
- Run update_sof.py if any changes are made to the software design files. The script has some options. See README.md for more details.
- Run test_design.py to program the .sof file into an Intel FPGA board and run the µC/TCP-IP example design.