5.3.1. 100GBASE-KP4 Mapping (IEEE802.3bj Clause 91)
- RS (544, 514, 15, 10) FEC
- 26.5625 Gbps
- 3.03% rate expansion
- Data is stripped per symbol across four lanes
RS(544, 514) requires additional room to accommodate 5440 bits instead of 5280 bits. After transcoding, it must additionally make room for approximately 3% more bits of overhead. The precise overhead is calculated as 1/33; new rate = old rate * 34/33. This result is overspeed for PAM4. For example:
- Payload data rate = 50 Gbps
- Encoding it to 66b encoding: 50*66/64 = 51.5625 Gbps
- Adding FEC expansion: 51.5625*(34/33) = 53.125 Gbps
Intel® Stratix® 10TX devices do not support the 100GBASE-KP4 physical medium dependent (PMD).
Did you find the information on this page useful?