1.1. Boot Process 1.2. Boot Stages 1.3. Boot Devices 1.4. Second-Stage Boot Loader Support Package Generator Tool 1.5. Generating a Boot Loader with an External Flash Boot Device 1.6. Boot and FPGA Configuration 1.7. Boot Debugging 1.8. Appendix A: Building the UEFI Boot Loader 1.9. Revision History for Arria 10 SoC Boot User Guide
1. Arria 10 SoC Boot User Guide
This document provides comprehensive information on boot flow, boot source devices and how to generate and debug a bootloader for the Arria® 10 SoC.
The details provided in this SoC boot user guide are:
- Typical boot flows supported by the Arria® 10 SoC system
- Available boot source devices and their configuration information
- First and second boot stages (U-Boot or Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI))
Note: Although U-Boot is the primary example covered in this user guide, using UEFI as a second-stage non-general public license (non-GPL) boot loader source is also introduced. See "Appendix A: Building the UEFI Boot Loader" for more information.
- How to generate a boot loader and configure for a boot source device
- How to build a boot loader
- Debugging a boot loader
- Technical reference appendices for boot memories and the SoC development platform
Note: This document does not provide details of secure boot. For information regarding secure boot, please refer to AN-759: Arria 10 SoC Secure Boot User Guide.
- Boot Process
- Boot Stages
- Boot Devices
- Second-Stage Boot Loader Support Package Generator Tool
- Generating a Boot Loader with an External Flash Boot Device
- Boot and FPGA Configuration
- Boot Debugging
- Appendix A: Building the UEFI Boot Loader
- Revision History for Arria 10 SoC Boot User Guide
Did you find the information on this page useful?