220.127.116.11. Report Bottlenecks
The following ranking criteria are pre-defined:
- num_fpaths—the number of paths that fail timing through a node.
- num_fanins—the number of fan-in edges from a node.
- num_fanouts—the number of fan-out edges from a node.
- num_paths—the number of paths through a node.
- tns—the total negative slack of all the paths through a node.
When using scripting, you can specify the paths for analysis by passing the result of any get_timing_paths call as the last argument to report_bottleneck. When using the GUI, the Report Bottlenecks dialog box handles this argument automatically. If you specify no paths, report_bottleneck analyzes the worst 1000 setup paths in the design by default.
You can direct the report output to the Tcl console (-stdout), the Timing Analyzer GUI (-panel), or to a combination of console and GUI.