1.6.4. Functional Results—Simulate the Divider Design in the ModelSim* - Intel® FPGA Edition Software
To set up the ModelSim* - Intel® FPGA Edition software, follow these steps:
- Unzip the ALTDDIO_ex2_msim.zip file to any working directory on your PC.
- Browse to the folder in which you unzipped the files and open the ALTDDIO_ex2.do file in a text editor.
- In line 1 of the ALTDDIO_ex2.do file, replace <insert_directory_path_here> with the directory path of the appropriate library files. For example, C:/altera/71/modelsim_ae/altera/verilog/stratix
- On the File menu, click Save.
- Start ModelSim* - Intel® FPGA Edition .
- On the File menu, click Change Directory.
- Select the folder in which you unzipped the files. Click OK.
- On the Tools menu, click Execute Macro.
- Select the ALTDDIO_ex2.do file and click Open. This is a script file for ModelSim that automates all the necessary settings for the simulation.
- Verify the results by looking at the Waveform Viewer window.
You can rearrange signals, remove redundant signals, and change the radix by modifying the script in the ALTDDIO_ex2.do file.
Did you find the information on this page useful?