7.2.5. Running BER Tests
After you create the transceiver links for debugging, you can run BER tests from the Channel Parameters tab:
- In the Collection status table, select the pin for the TX and RX channels you want to test.
- In the Channel Parameters tab, select the PRBS pattern in the TX and RX channels.
- Set the TX Equalization Parameters. Key in the values, click Set Parameters. To load the values, click Get Parameters.
- Click Start in the TX Channel to start the Hard PRBS generator.
- Click TX Reset FGT PMA and RX Reset FGT PMA. This step is only applicable to the FGT PMA.
- Click Start in the RX Channel to start the Hard PRBS checker.
- To stop the test, click Stop in the RX Channel and TX Channel.
- If you want to run another BER test with a different PRBS pattern or TX equalization parameters, repeat steps 2 to 7.
You can set parameters, start PRBS generator, stop PRBS checker or reset across multiple channels simultaneously from the Status Table. Choose the desired channels, right-click, select Edit Parameters or the Action sub-menu.