7.2.4. Creating Transceiver Links
You can create a custom collection to view and configure TX and RX channels. If you want to create TX and RX paths between different physical channels, whether they are in the same device or in different devices, you must manually create new links. To have TX and RX paths between different physical channels, make sure you have an external loopback either using a loopback cable or card on the board to have physical connections between the channels.
- Choose the TX and RX pair you want to link.
- Right-click to create a collection and specify a name in the Add to Collection box.
- Click OK. The link you create adds to the Collections box.
- Click Open Toolkit. You can also open all the channels in one view by double-clicking the instances in the Details box. The name of the channels collection is automatically added.
- Go to main Collections pane view where you can control and monitor the channels.