1. JESD204B IP Quick Reference 2. About the JESD204B Intel® FPGA IP 3. Getting Started 4. JESD204B IP Functional Description 5. JESD204B IP Deterministic Latency Implementation Guidelines 6. JESD204B IP Debug Guidelines 7. JESD204B Intel® FPGA IP User Guide Archives 8. Document Revision History for the JESD204B Intel® FPGA IP User Guide
3.1. Introduction to Intel® FPGA IP Cores 3.2. Installing and Licensing Intel® FPGA IP Cores 3.3. Intel® FPGA IP Evaluation Mode 3.4. Upgrading IP Cores 3.5. IP Catalog and Parameter Editor 3.6. Design Walkthrough 3.7. JESD204B Design Examples 3.8. JESD204B IP Design Considerations 3.9. JESD204B Intel® FPGA IP Parameters 3.10. JESD204B IP Component Files 3.11. JESD204B IP Testbench
5.1. SYSREF Guidelines
- The designer must decide how the device clock and SYSREF signal is created and distributed throughout the system. In the JESD204B subclass 1 system level application, you must generate SYSREF from the same source as the device clock. Sample subclass 1 system level application implementation can be found on Intel JESD204B IP Interoperability reports.
- SYSREF Frequency = Local Multiframe Clock / n; (n = integer; 1, 2, …). Refer to Clock Correlation.
- Ensure incoming SYSREF signal is constrained so that the setup relationship between SYSREF and the device clock is established. Refer to Constraining Incoming SYSREF Signal.
- Set the timing constraint for the SYSREF signal in the user .sdc file. When the setup time is met, the SYSREF signal detection by the IP and the number of link clock cycles of SYSREF signal that arrives at the FPGA pin to the LMFC counter resets are deterministic.
- To resolve timing violations caused by the long interconnect routing delays between the SYSREF I/O pin and the register in the IP that detects the SYSREF signal, it is recommended to utilize multi-stages pipeline registers.
- Deassert the link reset for the IP core two link clock cycles before starting the SYSREF pulse. Ensure transport layer is out-of-reset prior to SYSREF pulse generation. Refer to ADC-FPGA Subsystem Reset Sequence and FPGA-DAC Subsystem Reset Sequence for SYSREF sampling within the JESD204B reset sequence.
Did you find the information on this page useful?