18.104.22.168. Specify Instance-Specific Constraints in Assignment Editor 22.214.171.124. Specifying Multi-Dimensional Bus Constraints 126.96.36.199. Specify I/O Constraints in Pin Planner 188.8.131.52. Plan Interface Constraints in Interface Planner and Tile Interface Planner 184.108.40.206. Adjust Constraints with the Chip Planner 220.127.116.11. Constraining Designs with the Design Partition Planner
4.1.1. Basic I/O Planning Flow
The following steps describe the basic flow for assigning and verifying I/O pin assignments:
- Click Assignments > Device and select a target device that meets your logic, performance, and I/O requirements. Consider and specify I/O standards, voltage and power supply requirements, and available I/O pins.
- Click Assignments > Pin Planner.
- Assign I/O properties to match your device and PCB characteristics, including assigning logic, I/O standards, output loading, slew rate, and current strength.
- Click Run I/O Assignment Analysis in the Tasks pane to validate assignments and generate a synthesized design netlist. Correct any problems reported.
- Click Processing > Start Compilation. During compilation, the Intel® Quartus® Prime software runs I/O assignment analysis.
Did you find the information on this page useful?