1.5.5. Modifying the Software
- First, modify the software's config.h file. Navigate to the design example folder and change the values of the following parameter settings in the file.
Table 13. Config.h Parameter Settings Parameter Value Description BITEC_AUX_DEBUG 0 Set to 1 to enable AUX channel traffic monitoring. BITEC_STATUS_DEBUG 1 Set to 1 to enable MSA and link status monitoring. DP_SUPPORT_RX 1 Set to 1 if the DisplayPort supports RX. BITEC_RX_GPUMODE 1 Set to 1 to enable sink GPU mode. BITEC_RX_CAPAB_MST 0 Set to 1 to enable MST support. BITEC_RX_FAST_LT_SUPPORT 0 Set to 1 to enable Fast Link Training support. BITEC_RX_LQA_SUPPORT 0 Set to 1 to enable Link Quality Analysis support. BITEC_EDID_800X600_AUDIO 0 Set to 1 to use an EDID with maximum resolution of 800 x 600 BITEC_DP_0_AV_RX_CONTROL_BITEC_CFG_RX_SUPPORT_MST 0 Set to 1 to enable MST support DP_SUPPORT_TX 0 Set to 1 if DisplayPort supports TX BITEC_TX_CAPAB_MST 0 Set to 1 to enable MST support TX_VIDEO_IM_ENABLE 0 Set to 1 to enable TX Video IM interface DP_SUPPORT_EDID_PASSTHRU 0 Set to 1 to enable EDID passthrough from sink to source. BITEC_DP_CARD_REV 0, 1 or 2
- Set to 0 = Bitec FMC DisplayPort daughter card revision 4 – 8 (without Paradetech Retimer)
- Set to 1 = Bitec FMC DisplayPort daughter card revision 9 and 10 (with Paradetech Retimer)
- Set to 2 = Bitec FMC DisplayPort daughter card revision 11 (with Megachip Retimer)
MST_RX_STREAMS 0 RX MST number of streams MST_TX_STREAMS 0 TX MST number of streams PSG_8K_EDID 1 Set to 1 is sink supports 8K video.
- Next, open the main.c file located in the software/dp_demo folder, and remove any TX-related components, such as the following:
- #include “tx_utils.h”
- bitec_dp_dump_source_config(btc_dptx_baseaddr(0));Note: Remove the tx_utils.c and tx_utils.h files from the software folder to avoid potential software build errors.
- Next, for debugging purposes, modify the debug.c file located in the software/dp_demo folder. Open the debug.c file and remove the void bitec_dp_dump_source_msa() and void bitec_dp_dump_source_config() functions.
- After modifying the software, rebuild the software as instructed in Regenerating and Downloading ELF File.
- Finally, compile the project as described in Compiling the Design.
Did you find the information on this page useful?