126.96.36.199. VHDL-2019 Conditional Analysis Tool Directives
With conditional analysis tool directives, your VHDL description can be varied according to directives stored in a separate .ini file.
Create the .ini file and specify the path in the File name field of the VHDL-2019 Conditional Analysis User Definitions File panel of the VHDL Input compiler settings page.
- One identifier="value" pair per line
- Use ; or # characters to start line or trailing comments
- Identifiers must follow the requirements for a basic identifier as specified by the VHDL standard:
- It must start with a letter.
- It must contain only alphanumeric and underscore ("_") characters.
- Values must be surrounded by double quotes.
USER_VAR1="ABC" USER_VAR2 = "xyz" # line comment ; line comment USER_VAR3 = "TEST" # trailing comment USER_VAR4 = "lorem" ; trailing comment USER_VAR5=";# comment characters in quotes are ignored"
Standard Conditional Analysis Identifiers
- VHDL_VERSION = "<version>"
For example, VHDL_VERSION = "2019". The values for <version> are restricted by the IEEE standard.
VHDL_VERSION is set per file and can have a different value in each file.
- TOOL_TYPE = "SYNTHESIS"
The values for TOOL_TYPE are restricted by the IEEE standard.
- TOOL_VENDOR = "INTEL CORPORATION"
- TOOL_NAME = "QUARTUS"
- TOOL_EDITION = "PRIME PRO"
- TOOL_VERSION = "<major and minor version>"
For example, TOOL_VERSION = "21.3.0"