184.108.40.206.2. Constraining IP Building Blocks
When you place component IP, Tile Interface Planner also places the corresponding IP building blocks in the tile. Each building block has a movable, fixed, or always movable state. You can review the building block placement and determine whether to refine any building block placement, or allow the legality engine to determine the best building block placement.
The placement column indicates the movable, fixed, and always-movable state of the design element. In general, use movable building block placement to allow placement flexibility. Only apply fixed building blocks if a specific building block placement is essential.
- Place all IP on the tile, as Placing IP Components describes.
- To the left of the Placement column, click the List Legal Locations button to display all legal locations for a building block.
- To constrain building blocks to specific placement:
Figure 34. Make Selected Element Fixed
- To fix a movable building block, right-click one or more movable building blocks and click Make Selected Element Fixed. The building block is fixed and does not move to accommodate other components.
- To fix an IP component's building blocks, right-click the IP component and click Make Child Elements Fixed. The IP and child building blocks are fixed and do not move to accommodate other components.
- To remove specific building block placement constraints from fixed building blocks:
Figure 35. Make Child Elements Movable
- To make fixed building blocks movable, right-click one or more fixed building blocks and click Make Selected Element Movable. The building block can move to accommodate other components.
- To make all of an IP component's fixed building blocks movable, right-click the IP component and click Make Child Elements Movable. All child building blocks can move automatically to accommodate other components.
- When all tile IP placement is complete, save the tile plan, as Step 5: Save Tile Plan Assignments describes.
Did you find the information on this page useful?