3.2.1. Creating a New Intel® Quartus® Prime Project
You need to create a new Intel® Quartus® Prime project with the New Project Wizard, which specifies the working directory for the project, assigns the project name, and designates the name of the top-level design entity.
To create a new project, perform the following the steps.
- From the Windows Start menu, select All Programs > Intel® FPGA <version number> <edition> > Intel® Quartus® Prime <edition> <version>.
- On the File menu, click New Project Wizard.
- In the New Project Wizard: Directory, Name, Top-Level Entity page, specify the working directory, project name, and top-level design entity name. Click Next.
- In the New Project Wizard: Add Files page, select the existing design files (if any) you want to include in the project.1 Click Next.
- In the New Project Wizard: Family & Device Settings page, select the device family and specific device you want to target for compilation. Click Next.
- In the EDA Tool Settings page, select the EDA tools you want to use with the Intel® Quartus® Prime software to develop your project.
- The last page in the New Project Wizard window shows the summary of your chosen settings. Click Finish to complete the Intel® Quartus® Prime project creation.
Did you find the information on this page useful?