A newer version of this document is available. Customers should click here to go to the newest version.
1. Quick Start Guide 2. Design Example: Single IP Core Instantiation 3. Design Example: Single IP Core Instantiation with Precision Time Protocol 4. Design Example: Single IP Core Instantiation with Auto-Negotiation and Link Training 5. Design Example: Multiple IP Core Instantiation 6. F-Tile Ethernet Intel® FPGA Hard IP Design Example User Guide Archives 7. Document Revision History for the F-Tile Ethernet Intel FPGA Hard IP Design Example User Guide
4.2. Functional Description
Figure 13. F-Tile Ethernet Intel FPGA Hard IP Simulation Design Example Block Diagram with Enabled Auto-Negotiation and Link TrainingThe diagram depicts the FGT PMA option.
The design example includes the following components:
- F-Tile Ethernet Intel FPGA Hard IP : Generated IP core.
- F-Tile Auto-Negotiation and Link Training for Ethernet Intel® FPGA IP : Generated IP core when auto-negotiation and link training is enabled.
Note: B0 FHT multi-lane designs support bonding by default in F-tile AN/LT IP, and nonbonded FHT multi-lane designs are not supported.
- F-Tile Reference and System PLL Clocks Intel® FPGA IP : Instantiated reference clock and system PLL clock IP. The F-Tile Reference and System PLL Clocks Intel® FPGA IP parameter editor settings align with the System PLL frequency and PMA reference frequency parameter settings in the F-Tile Ethernet Intel FPGA Hard IP. If you generate the design example using Generate Example Design button in the IP parameter editor, the IP instantiates automatically. If you create your own design example, you must manually instantiate this IP and connect all I/O ports.
For information about this IP, refer to F-Tile Architecture and PMA and FEC Direct PHY IP User Guide.
- Packet Client: Consists of a packet generator, a packet checker and a loopback client. The Packet Client generates various ROM-based traffic patterns for MAC mode and can loopback the RX and TX client side.
- Avalon® memory-mapped interface Decoder: Decodes the Avalon® memory-mapped interface address to Hardware IP Top. For base address for each of the Avalon® memory-mapped interface accessed instances, refer to Register Maps.
Did you find the information on this page useful?