1.6.1. Intel Arria 10 Remote Update Design Example
This Intel® Arria® 10 design example uses the Avalon® -MM interface. Intel® uses the following hardware and software to create the design example:
- Intel® Quartus® Prime Version : 15.0
- Intel® Arria® 10 Development Kit with 10AX115S3F45I2SGE2 FPGA Device
Follow these steps to perform the design example tasks:
- Unzip the contents of the design example to your working directory on your PC.
- Convert the three .sof files into one .jic by using Convert Programming File. On the File Menu, click Convert Programming Files and select the details as shown below:
- Programming File type: JTAG Indirect Configuration File (.jic).
- Select Configuration Device: EPCQL1024.
- Mode: Active Serial.
- Set the file name you your desired location.
- Flash loader: click add device and choose 10AX115S2E2.
- SOFT DATA PAGE_0: click Add File and select the factory image with start address set to <auto>.
- SOFT DATA PAGE_1: click Add File and select the application image file with start address 0x2000000. Compression is enabled for this application image file.
- SOFT DATA PAGE_2: click Add File and select the application image file with start address 0x4000000. Compression is enabled for this application image file.
- Click Generate.
- Click OK when the dialog box of .jic file successfully generated appears.
- Please follow the steps below to run the simple design:
Only one LED is lighted up which indicates successfully go to application image 1. After the watchdog timeout, all LED will light up and go back to factory image.Note: To go to application image 2 directly form the factory image, comment out the write boot address to App1 and uncomment the write boot address App2 in the FI_SysConsole_try.tcl file.
- After programming the .jic file, power cycle the board, all LED is lighted up. It indicates you are currently at factory image.
- Go to system console and direct to the directory where your FI_SysConsole_try.tcl is located. Type source FI_SysConsole_try.tcl.
- Setting Boot Page Selection for design with more than one SOF page:
- To select the boot page, click the Option/Boot Info button in Convert Programming File.
- In the Active Serial Boot Info window, select the page available from the Boot from page drop down menu. By default, the page number will be set at page_0.
- For application to application image, change the page number to page_1 or page_2.
Did you find the information on this page useful?