- Updated Transitions Between Factory and Application Configurations in Remote Update Mode figure.
- Removed redundant statement in Avalon-MM in Altera Remote Update IP Core.
- Updated note in Remote Update Operation table.
- Updated Parameters table for Arria 10 devices and Arria II, Arria V, Cyclone V, Stratix IV, and Stratix V Devices.
- Added Add support for Avalon Interface parameter in Parameter Settings tables.
- Updated Convert Programming File settings in Arria 10 Remote Update Design Example.
- Removed references to Local update mode features.
- Added recommended FMAX for Altera Remote Update IP core.
- Added missing title for Cyclone IV Devices Remote Update Operation table.
- Added note on possible PCIe timing violation when using direct-to-application.
- Added note on recommending user to set a fixed configuration image start address.
- Added Enabling Remote System Upgrade subsection.
||Updated RU_RECONFIG_TRIGGER_CONDITIONS description for Cyclone V Avalon-MM interface register.
- Updated Page description in Convert Programming Files setting from SOFT DATA PAGE_0 to SOFT DATA PAGE_1.
- Added high level configuration scheme block diagram for remote system upgrade.
- Added Flash Memory Programming Files.
- Added design example for Arria 10 devices.
- Added Avalon-MM interface support for Quartus II Software version 15.0.
- Added table for Avalon-MM interface Control Status Registers and register map definitions.
- Added steps for read and write operation for Avalon-MM interface.
- Added example waveforms for read, write, reset timer, ctl_nupdt, and reconfiguration operation for Arria 10 devices.
- Updated the Device Support section to include information on device families that will be phased out from Quartus II software version 15.0.
||Added design example link.
||Updated Arria 10 remote system configuration mode flow diagram.
- Updated POF checking feature description and invalid configuration image examples.
- Added Arria 10 device support with descriptions, ports and parameters.
- Replaced outdated design examples with a current application design example.
- Replaced MegaWizard Plug-In Manager information with IP Catalog.
- Added standard information about upgrading IP cores.
- Added standard installation and licensing information.
- Removed outdated device support level information. IP core device support is now available in IP Catalog and parameter editor.
- Added a note to recommend users to use 20–MHz fMAX for all devices.
- Updated the Device Support section to include information on device families that will be phased out from Quartus II software version 13.1 and Quartus II software version 14.0.
- Rearranged content for remote system configuration modes, remote system configuration components, parameter settings, ports, param for each group of devices. Refer to Device Support section for more information.
| August 2013
||Added Cyclone IV devices support for Active Serial Remote Configuration Mode in Parameters, Output Ports, and Active Serial Remote Configuration Mode.
- Updated Watchdog Timer to include the watchdog reset_time requirement to ensure the validity of the application configuration. Listed the supported devices for the watchdog timer feature.
- Updated Device Support section.
- Added Active Serial Remote Configuration Mode to clarify that the active serial configuration mode is a subset of the remote configuration mode. Also clarified that this mode is only available for EPCS devices.
- Added a link to the Configuration Handbook in the Remote System Configuration Modes.
- Updated Remote Configuration Mode to add that Cyclone IV E devices support AP configuration scheme and included a link to the Configuration and Remote System Upgrades in Cyclone IV Devices chapter.
- Updated Remote System Configuration Components to clarify that the local configuration mode does not support the user watchdog timer feature.
- Included a cross-reference to the Input Port in Page Mode Feature.
- Updated Parameters to update values and supported devices of the GUI parameter settings.
- Updated Factory Configuration to clarify that the default factory configuration address does not apply for Cyclone V devices.
| July 2013
- Added Cyclone III and Cyclone IV Devices Remote Update Operation.
- Updated Input Ports to include Arria V and Cyclone V support for data_in port.
- Added Param as a standalone section.
- Updated Parameter Type and Corresponding Parameter Bit Width Mapping to include Arria V and Cyclone V support for Reconfiguration trigger conditions parameter. Also updated Page Select parameter to include information for Arria V, Cyclone V, and Stratix V devices.
- Updated Parameter Type and Corresponding Parameter Bit Width Mapping to update the Configuration Mode (AnF) information.
- Updated Input Ports to add a link to the Configuration, Design Security, and Remote Upgrades in the Cyclone III Device Family chapter.
- Updated Input Ports to clarify that a falling edge of the reset_timer signal triggers a reset of the user watchdog timer.
- Updated Output Ports to add Arria II, Arria V, Cyclone V, Stratix IV, and Stratix V device support for 24-bit bus for data_out port.
- Added Knowledge Base section.
- Added Simulation to clarify that simulation capability are for Arria GX, Stratix, and Stratix II devices only.
||Add Cyclone IV support for param parameter.
Updated for Quartus II software v10.0, including:
- Updated the Device Family Support section.
- Add Parameters table to Specifications chapter.
- Added new parameters and ports to Specifications chapter.
- Added new prototypes and declarations sections to Specifications chapter.
- Updated design example figures and steps.
Updated for Quartus II software v9.0, including:
- Updated the section.
- Added the Maximum Clock Frequency (fMAX) for the supported devices.
- Updated ports and parameter tables.
Updated for Quartus II software v7.1, including:
- Updated to include support for Arria® GX devices.
- Updated to include Cyclone® III device information.
- Added Referenced Documents section.
||Updated Chapter 1 to include Cyclone III support.
|| Updated Chapter 1 to include Stratix® III support.
||General update for Quartus II software version 6.0, including screenshots; added ModelSim®-Altera simulation tool section to Chapter 3.