18.104.22.168.1. Generating a Combined Simulator Setup Script
You can then source this combined script from a top-level simulation script. Click Tools > Generate Simulator Setup Script for IP (or use of the ip-setup-simulation utility at the command-line) to generate or update the combined scripts, after any of the following occur:
- IP core initial generation or regeneration with new parameters
- Intel® Quartus® Prime software version upgrade
- IP core version upgrade
|ip-setup-simulation generates a combined, version-independent simulation script for all Intel® FPGA IP cores in your project. The command also automates regeneration of the script after upgrading software or IP versions. Use the compile-to-work option to compile all simulation files into a single work library if your simulation environment requires. Use the --use-relative-paths option to use relative paths whenever possible.||
--use-relative-paths and --compile-to-work are optional. For command-line help listing all options for these executables, type: <utility name> --help.
- Click Tools > Generate Simulator Setup Script for IP (or run the ip-setup-simulation utility). Specify the Output Directory and library compilation options. Click OK to generate the file. By default, the files generate into the /<project directory>/<simulator>/ directory using relative paths.
Note: For designs with F-tile IP, do not turn on the Use top-level entity names from Quartus project option.Figure 5. Generate Simulator Setup Script for IP Dialog Box
- To incorporate the generated simulator setup script into your top-level simulation script, refer to the template section in the generated simulator setup script as a guide to creating a top-level script:
- Copy the specified template sections from the simulator-specific generated scripts and paste them into a new top-level file.
- Remove the comments at the beginning of each line from the copied template sections.
- Specify the customizations you require to match your design simulation requirements, for example:
- Specify the TOP_LEVEL_NAME variable to the design’s simulation top-level file. The top-level entity of your simulation is often a testbench that instantiates your design. Then, your design instantiates IP cores or Platform Designer systems. Set the value of TOP_LEVEL_NAME to the top-level entity.
- If necessary, set the QSYS_SIMDIR variable to point to the location of the generated IP simulation files.
- Specify any other changes, such as using the grep command-line utility to search a transcript file for error signatures, or e-mail a report.
- Re-run Tools > Generate Simulator Setup Script for IP (or ip-setup-simulation) after regeneration of an IP variation.
Did you find the information on this page useful?