1.2.13. Booting the Board
- Write the SD card image to the SD card and insert the SD card in the slot.
- Configure the Intel® Stratix® 10 SoC Development Kit as follows:
- SW1: 1: OFF, rest: ON
- SW2: 1: ON 2: ON 3: ON 4: OFF (set MSEL to JTAG)
- SW3: all OFF
- SW4: 1: ON 2: OFF 3: OFF 4: ON
- Use Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer to program the QSPI flash:
cd $TOP_FOLDER/ quartus_pgm -m jtag -o "pvi;flash_image.jic"Note: If no previous design is running, or if the previous design has been running successfully, the MSEL does not need to be set to JTAG. The MSEL can remain set to QSPI, and you can still program the QSPI flash successfully. If a previous design is running, run jtagconfig to determine if the Intel® Stratix® 10 (SDM) is first or second in the JTAG scan chain. If it is second, change the above command to:
quartus_pgm -m jtag -o "pvi;flash_image.jic@2"
- Set MSEL back to QSPI:
SW2: 1: ON 2: OFF 3: OFF 4: OFF
- Connect a USB serial port with a console program like minicom, using 115200-8-N-1 settings, to the board.
- Power cycle the board.
- Stop at the U-Boot prompt by pressing any key during U-Boot countdown.
- Run the bridge enable U-Boot command to open the bridges.
- Run the run bootcmd to boot Linux.
- Set "login" to root, when Linux asks. Linux does not request a password.
- After Linux boots, set "login" to root and no password is required.
Poky (Yocto Project Reference Distro) 3.0.3 stratix10 /dev/ttyS0 stratix10 login: root root@stratix10:~#
Did you find the information on this page useful?